Brian and Angie Cox and their CBRs live in Millington, TN, just outside of Memphis. They have been breeding and showing Chesapeakes exclusively since 1984. Both are members of the American Chesapeake Club. They support the ACC through work for the club and ACC breed education. They encourage anyone with a CBR to become a member of the ACC to learn about the breed, be inspired by what others are doing with their CBRs, and be up-to-date on health issues. Angie and Brian show their dogs in the breed ring, obedience, rally, agility, and hunt/working dog tests. They have produced multiple AKC champions, grand champions, sporting group winners, and dogs with multiple performance titles. Brian is a retired carpenter, and Angie is retired from a forestry and operations career with International Paper Company.
Why do we breed Chesapeake Bay Retrievers?
- To produce dogs for our own enjoyment at home, and to compete in AKC show and performance events
- To produce Chesapeakes that become awesome companions, hunting dogs, or show dogs for others
- To contribute to the preservation of the breed and the work of its founders by:
- Striving to improve the quality of our lines
- Using selective breeding for excellent health, soundness, trainability, and style
- Always using the breed standard as our guide
- Because we love this breed! Chesapeakes are perfect for our lifestyle!